Diana Giles, the owner of The Computer Monkey, LLC, has been burdened by the stories she continues to hear about the negative impact the internet has had on our families. She has had to offer her technical expertise to assist families whose children have become abusers and even addicts of pornography. In response, she has developed Sensible Cyber Parenting to give parents encouragement and wisdom for this great challenge they face. She is passionate about protecting children from the extremely harmful aspects of the Internet while allowing families to use what can be a great resource in a safe and sensible way.
Through the growing database of blog posts on this website and the SCP social media outlets (Facebook and Twitter) we hope to be a resource where parents can turn to find useful information to protect the hearts and minds of their kids from online threats. Additionally, Diana presents this valuable information as a speaker at parenting related conferences and has developed the information into a 90-minute seminar format that she presents at churches, schools or other organizations who would like to offer such an event.
The Sensible Cyber Parenting seminars inform parents about the threats our children face online and encourages and empowers them to take the necessary steps to block those threats for their whole home and on mobile devices as well. More specifically, parents will learn:
- The most likely dangers on the internet and the life-altering consequences that can result from leaving families unprotected.
- The choices of protection techniques for the variety of devices out there and how to decide which one is best for their family. One of the best methods is FREE!
- Step by step demonstration on how to set up the best method to protect their whole home.
- How to be a Sensible Cyber Parent and have more confidence in the way they approach their kids’ technology
- Faith applications in dealing with their kids and technology for seminars to parent groups of churches or Christian Schools.
For more information or to schedule Diana for a speaking event, use the contact page.