Continuing in the same vein from yesterday’s post about social media compulsion and self-worth, there is a new book out that parents of girls can get to help their daughters deal with the extra pressures brought on by social media. The book is Liked: Whose Approval Are You Living For? by Kari Kampakis who writes about family and faith through a variety of outlets. It may be purchased through Amazon, Barnes and Noble and Christianbook.com.
Topics covered in Liked include: (Copied from www.karikampakis.com)
- Living for God’s approval, not human approval
- Using social media wisely
- Spreading kindness, love, and compassion
- Distinguishing online friends from real friends
- Handling rejection, criticism, and volatile emotions
- Making an eternal difference, not a temporary splash.